Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release
Дата
Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 12:08:07AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> desperately in need of testing.  The custom-plan code is desperately
> in need of fixing and testing.  The multixact code is desperately
> in need of testing.  The open-items list has several other problems
> besides those.  All of those problems are independent.  If we insist
> on tackling them serially rather than in parallel, 9.5 might not come
> out till 2017.

2017?  Really?  Is there any need for that hyperbole?

Frankly, based on how I feel now, I would have no problem doing 9.5 in
2016 and saying we have a lot of retooling to do.  We could say we have
gotten too far out ahead of ourselves and we need to regroup and
restructure the code.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +