Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 04:01:00PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > * Bruce Momjian (bruce@momjian.us) wrote:
> >> I am unclear if we are anywhere near ready for beta1 even in June.  Are
> >> we?
>
> > I'm all about having that discussion...  but can we do it on another
> > thread or at least wait til we've decided about the back-branch
> > releases?  They are clearly the more important issue to consider.
>
> It's the same discussion though, ie what releases are we expecting to
> get out in the next couple of weeks.

+1 for Stephen's thought to decide about back-branch releases first and to
Magnus's sentiment upthread that beta has to stand back while we schedule
them.  In other words, the feedback between these two scheduling decisions
ought to be one-way: bringing today's supported branches to a state we can be
content about deserves first pick from the calendar.