Re: Need Force flag for pg_drop_replication_slot()

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Need Force flag for pg_drop_replication_slot()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Josh Berkus (josh@agliodbs.com) wrote:
> > This right here is a real issue.  What I'd personally like to see is an
> > option which says "you have X GB of disk space.  Once it's gone, forget
> > about all replicas or failing archive commands or whatever, and just
> > stop holding on to ancient WAL that you no longer need to operate."
>
> The substantial challenge here is how do we determine that you're
> "almost out of disk space"?

Eh?  That "X GB" above was intended to be the value of a GUC.

I know how big my WAL partition is.  Let me tell PG how big it is and to
not do anything that'll end up going over that amount, and we'll never
see a crash due to out of disk space for WAL again.
Thanks!
    Stephen