Re: problems on Solaris

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: problems on Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-05-25 09:12:35 +0200, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> On 05/25/2015 03:17 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> > On 2015-05-24 21:01:54 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> >> Yes, but it wasn't running these tests until a few days ago when its
> >> buildfarm software was upgraded.
> >
> > But barriers are used in other places too...
>
> fwiw: spoonbill just failed in the same part of the regression tests
> (and it is a Sparc64 box though not running solaris):
>

> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=spoonbill&dt=2015-05-24%2023%3A00%3A07

With a quite different error though: PANIC:  ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded

Hm. So we have a *occasional* stack size exceeded failure and an
occasional spinlock error in test_shm_mq. I'm inclined to think that
this is a shm_mq problem, and not a more general locking problem - it
seems likely, but not guaranteed, that that'd have materialized
elsewhere.

Robert: IIRC there was some problems with shm_mq tests being stuck
before, right?

Greetings,

Andres Freund