Re: Run pgindent now?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Run pgindent now?
Дата
Re: Run pgindent now?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 12:32:34PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Are we ready for a pgindent run?  Back branches?
>
> I think we could do it in HEAD, but it doesn't seem like we have consensus
> about whether to touch the back branches.  Suggest just HEAD for now and
> we can continue to argue about the back branches.

Here is a re-run of pgindent on 9.4:
http://momjian.us/expire/pgindent-9.4.diff

It is 5.7k line diff.  I didn't do pre-9.4 because pgindent was slightly
modified before the 9.4 run, so there would be additional changes in
those back branches.

If we wanted to do this on backbranches, I think we would create a diff
file of the minor release just before running pgindent and stamping so
users could see the non-pgindent content of the release.  A crazy idea
would be to release of just pgindent changes so we would not add
pgindent changes into a fix release.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +