Re: [CORE] [BUGS] BUG #13350: blindly fsyncing data dir considered harmful

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [CORE] [BUGS] BUG #13350: blindly fsyncing data dir considered harmful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Andres Freund (andres@anarazel.de) wrote:
> On May 25, 2015 8:52:33 AM PDT, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> >On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 04:37:59PM +0100, Greg Stark wrote:
> >> What exactly is failing?
> >>
> >> Is it that fsync is returning -1 ? Should we just ignore errors from
> >> fsync if it happens in this stage? That might be safer than
> >> determining which files should or shouldn't be fsynced.
> >
> >Interesting idea.  We could skip fsync -1 failures only for symbolic
> >links.
>
> Now there's already a thread on jackets about this.

Agreed- we should probably keep the discussion about fixing it (or
addressing the original issue in some way that doesn't run into this
issue) on the other thread.  This is simply to point out the user impact
and that we need to fix it quickly.
Thanks!
    Stephen