Re: [CORE] [BUGS] BUG #13350: blindly fsyncing data dir considered harmful

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [CORE] [BUGS] BUG #13350: blindly fsyncing data dir considered harmful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 04:37:59PM +0100, Greg Stark wrote:
> What exactly is failing?
>
> Is it that fsync is returning -1 ? Should we just ignore errors from
> fsync if it happens in this stage? That might be safer than
> determining which files should or shouldn't be fsynced.

Interesting idea.  We could skip fsync -1 failures only for symbolic
links.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +

От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: [CORE] [BUGS] BUG #13350: blindly fsyncing data dir considered harmful
Сообщение: Re: [CORE] [BUGS] BUG #13350: blindly fsyncing data dir considered harmful