Re: PostgreSQL disk fragmentation causes performance problems on Windows

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: PostgreSQL disk fragmentation causes performance problems on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 2015-05-21 11:54:40 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> This has been talked about as a feature, but would require major work on
> PostgreSQL to make it possible.  You'd be looking at several months of
> effort by a really good hacker, and then a whole bunch of performance
> testing.  If you have the budget for this, then please let's talk about
> it because right now nobody is working on it.

I think this is overestimating the required effort quite a bit. While
not trivial, it's also not that complex to make this work.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL disk fragmentation causes performance problems on Windows
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL disk fragmentation causes performance problems on Windows