Re: Disabling trust/ident authentication configure option

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Disabling trust/ident authentication configure option
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-05-20 19:46:12 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> In other words, I agree with you that we can't simply get rid of 'trust'
> without having another solution.  I *do* believe that a real single-user
> mode that is only available to the owner of the cluster would go a long
> way towards this goal.

I think that's a restriction that doesn't make much sense. What if you
want to dump the data as fast as possible to get things up in another
machine/datacenter/whatever after a fault? Uh wait, parallel dump won't
work with single user mode.

This isn't strengthening security. This is making something far too
complicated (pg_hba.conf) into something even more complicated, because
suddenly even the most basic things only work in some environments. If
you want to improve security significantly, make it easier to configure
authentication/authorization. That's one of the hardest parts of
postgres.