Re: Typo patch

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Typo patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> writes:
> > Thanks, committed. Except for this one:
>
> > - * *Only* a frozen-for-read tape can be seeked.
> > + * *Only* a frozen-for-read tape can be sought.
>
> > It's true that the past tense of "seek" is "sought", but it feels a bit
> > weird to me in this context. This is a comment on a function called
> > "<blah blah>seek", and it's not clear to me that it should conjugate
> > like the normal "seek" verb.
>
> I agree that "sought" is not the word to use here, but the existing
> wording isn't very good English either.  Perhaps "Seeking is only allowed
> on frozen-for-read tapes"?

It would be great if you could find a solution for words such as
"shutdowned" or "backuped".  (I don't know that we use the latter in our
code, but I've seen it around.  The former we even have in an enum
somewhere.)

Сообщение: Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE/IGNORE 4.0
Сообщение: Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE/IGNORE 4.0