Re: RFC: Non-user-resettable SET SESSION AUTHORISATION

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: RFC: Non-user-resettable SET SESSION AUTHORISATION
Дата
Re: RFC: Non-user-resettable SET SESSION AUTHORISATION  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 09:31:47PM +0200, José Luis Tallón wrote:
> > >Oh?  What stops the unprivileged user from doing DISCARD ALL?
> >
> > Indeed. The pooler would need to block this.
> > Or we would need to invent another (this time, privileged) verb in
> > order to restore authz.
>
> What if you put the SQL in a function then call the function?  I don't
> see how the pooler could block this.

I think the idea of having SET SESSION AUTH pass a cookie, and only let
RESET SESSION AUTH work when the same cookie is supplied, is pretty
reasonable.