Re: ERROR: cannot GetMultiXactIdMembers() during recovery

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: ERROR: cannot GetMultiXactIdMembers() during recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andres Freund wrote:

> Alternatively we could make MultiXactIdIsRunning() return false < 9.3
> when in recovery. I think that'd end up fixing things, but it seems
> awfully fragile to me.

Hm, why fragile?  It seems a pretty decent answer -- pre-9.3, it's not
possible for a tuple to be "locked" in recovery, is it?  I mean, in the
standby you can't lock it nor update it; the only thing you can do is
read (select), and that is not affected by whether there is a multixact
in it.