Re: Triaging the remaining open commitfest items

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Triaging the remaining open commitfest items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-05-13 11:38:27 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Looking at what remains open in the current commitfest:
>
> * fsync $PGDATA recursively at startup
>
> Andres is the reviewer of record on this one.  He should either commit it
> if he feels it's ready, or bounce it to next CF if not.

The more important part of this has been committed by Robert. The other
part, while also important in my opinion, has by now slipped 9.5.

I've moved it.

> * Manipulating complex types as non-contiguous structures in-memory
>
> This one's mine of course.  I've been hoping to get more independent
> performance testing than it's gotten, but time grows short.  I'm inclined
> to just go ahead and push it in.

I'm a bit hesitant about performance regressions around it. And I'd
obviously rather not see the macros but the inline version ;). But I
think overall we're in a better position with it, than without. If it
turns out to have bad edge cases performancewise, we can still "turn it
off" in plpgsql without much problems. If we, preferrably, can't find a
better solution for the performance problem.

> * Grouping Sets
>
> I had originally promised to be committer for this one, and still want
> to go look at it, but Robert's nearby message about not committing stuff
> in haste definitely seems to apply.

This has been in a limbo for a very long time. I'm right now working
with Andrew getting it into a a committable shape. I'm not 100% sure
we'll succeed for 9.5, but it deserves a chance. If it doesn't make it
into 9.6, I plan to get into 9.6 soon after the branch opens.

> * Additional role attributes
>
> Is this ready to commit?  Stephen's call.

Not yet ready in my opinion.

Greetings,

Andres Freund