Re: a few thoughts on the schedule

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: a few thoughts on the schedule
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 10:32:03AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> We also need to start thinking about what happens after feature
> freeze.  The CommitFest application currently lists a 2015-06
> CommitFest which, according to previous practice, would be expected to
> start on the 15th of the month.  Given where we are now, that seems
> entirely unrealistic.  I am doubtful that we will be ready to ship a
> beta by mid-June, let alone begin a new development cycle.

This is a very good analysis.  I have been holding back my trivial new
patches for 9.6 in hopes of setting a good example.  However, all my
stuff is new, while many of these other patches have waited their turn
for review, and we are going to be unfair to submitters if we don't give
them the attention they deserve --- that is always the tension we have
at this time.

We have three days left so I think we need committers to devote serious
time, if possible, to helping us resolve as much as we can.  If we start
thinking about this on Friday, it is too late.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +