Re: "Bugs" CF?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: "Bugs" CF?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Magnus Hagander (magnus@hagander.net) wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 3:21 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > * Magnus Hagander (magnus@hagander.net) wrote:
> > > We could also use the category that we have now, or even create the
> > concept
> > > of a tag (where you can assign multiple ones). And then have a view that
> > > brings together a view of everything with a specific tag/category,
> > > *regardless* of which CF it's on.
> >
> > I like the tag idea.
>
> Are there other things you would consider tags for as well? As in should we
> if we do this look at a generic tag system, or just a "tag this is a
> bugfix"?

I was thinking a generic system though I'm not sure that the tags should
be free-form..  My first thought is a "release" tag, ie: 9.4.2 or
something.  Having a 'committed' + '9.4.2' view would be kind of neat.

> > The biggest issue that I see with this is, again, trying to make sure
> > people know that they *should* put bug patches into the CF and make it
> > clear *which* CF to put them into.
> >
> > I don't know that we've even got an answer for the second question
> > currently, do we?  My thought is "whatever one people are looking at
> > now" but I'm guessing others feel differently.
>
> I would say it should go into whatever CF is currently "Open". Don't treat
> thems eparately from a submission POV, other than adding the tag. Only from
> a "consumption" POV, through the special view.

Yeah, but "Open" currently means June.  Perhaps that's not an issue but
it still feels awkward to me.

> > the
> > when
> > make
> > >
> > > That doesn't sound like a CF to me. Again, it might be a tag or a
> > category
> > > or something, but the main thing with the CF term is that it's the
> > > fixed-period cycle of development. We shouldn't start abusing that too
> > > much...
> >
> > A tag for this would be great..
>
> How is that different from a  bugfix, though?

This would be the release tag that I'm suggesting above.
Thanks!
    Stephen