Re: Minor ON CONFLICT related fixes

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Minor ON CONFLICT related fixes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
HI,

Don't have time to go through this in depth.

On 2015-05-11 18:53:22 -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> Note that the patch proposes to de-support CREATE RULE with an
> alternative action involving ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE. Such a rule seems
> particularly questionable to me, and I'm pretty sure it was understood
> that only ON CONFLICT DO NOTHING should be supported as an action for
> a rule (recall that INSERT statements with ON CONFLICT can, in
> general, never target relations with rules). At least, I believe
> Heikki said that.

> Deparsing with an inference clause is now correctly supported.  However,
> user-defined rules with ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE are now formally
> disallowed/unsupported.  It seemed there would be significant complexity
> involved in making this work correctly with the EXCLUDED.*
> pseudo-relation, which was not deemed worthwhile.  Such a user-defined
> rule seems very questionable anyway.

Do I understand correctly that you cut this out because there
essentially was a ruleutils bug with with EXCLUDED? If so, I don't find
that acceptable. I'm pretty strictly convincded that independent of rule
support, we shouldn't add things to insert queries that get_query_def
can't deparse.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: Minor ON CONFLICT related fixes
Сообщение: Re: Minor ON CONFLICT related fixes