Re: Multi-xacts and our process problem

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Multi-xacts and our process problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 02:11:48PM -0700, Joshua Drake wrote:

> On 05/11/2015 02:00 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> >I think we now know that our inaction didn't serve us well.  The
> >question is how can we identify chronic problems and get resources
> >involved sooner.  I feel we have been "asleep at the wheel" to some
> >extent on this.
>
> Here are some options
>
> Slow down the release cycle
>     The shortness of the release cycle puts a preference on adding
> features versus providing a more mature outcome.
>
> or
>
> Increase the release cycle
>     Moving to a Ubuntu style release cycle would allow us to have a
> window to scratch the itch but with the eventual (and known) release
> of something that is LTS.

The releases themselves are not the problem, but rather the volume of
bugs and our slowness in getting additional people involved to remove
data corruption bugs more quickly and systematically.  Our reputation
for reliability has been harmed by this inactivity.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +