Re: procost for to_tsvector

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: procost for to_tsvector
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May  1, 2015 at 09:39:43AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> >> We're waiting for you to commit the patch.
> >
> > OK, I have to write the patch first, so patch attached, using the cost
> > of 10.  I assume to_tsvector() is the ony one needing changes.  The
> > patch will require a catalog bump too.
>
> Andrew did the research to support a higher value, but even 10 should
> be an improvement over what we have now.

Yes, I saw that, but I didn't see him recommend an actual number.  Can
someone recommend a number now?   Tom initially recommended 10, but
Andrew's tests suggest something > 100.  Tom didn't do any tests so I
tend to favor Andrew's suggestion, if he has one.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +