Re: BUG #12845: The GB18030 encoding doesn't support Unicode characters over 0xFFFF

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BUG #12845: The GB18030 encoding doesn't support Unicode characters over 0xFFFF
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 11:33:43PM +0100, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> >I can write a "uint32 UTF8toGB18030(uint32)" function, but I don't know
> >where to put it in the code.
>
> The mapping functions are in src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_gb18030/utf8_and_gb18030.c.
> They currently just consult the mapping table. You'd need to modify
> them to also check if the codepoint is in one of those linear
> ranges, and do the mapping for those programmatically.
>
> >Else I could also extend the map file. It would double in size if it only
> >needs to include valid code points.
>
> The current mapping table contains about 63000 mappings, but there
> are over a million valid code points that need to be mapped. If you
> just add every one-to-one mapping to the table, it's going to blow
> up in size to over 8 MB. I don't think we want that, handling the
> ranges with linear mappings programmatically makes a lot more sense.

Should this be a TODO entry?

  + Everyone has their own god. +

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: BUG #12843: pg_dump -O inserts four unwanted lines to the end of the dump
Сообщение: Re: BUG #12843: pg_dump -O inserts four unwanted lines to the end of the dump