Re: PATCH: Add 'pid' column to pg_replication_slots

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PATCH: Add 'pid' column to pg_replication_slots
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 04:54:57PM +0200, Andres Freund wrote:

> > > It was originally named active_pid, but changed based on feedback from
> > > others that 'pid' would be consistent with pg_stat_activity and
> > > pg_replication_slots. I have no strong opinion on the name, though I'd
> > > prefer it reflect that the field does in fact represent a process ID.
> >
> > Agreed.  I don't like the as-committed name of active_in either.  It's
> > not at all clear what that means.
>
> I like it being called active_*, that makes the correlation to active
> clear. active_pid then?

Let's call it active_procpid.  (Runs for cover!)                    ----

(For background, see 9.2 release note item:
Rename pg_stat_activity.procpid to pid, to match other system tables (MagnusHagander)

The 'p' in 'pid' stands for 'proc', so 'procpid' is redundant.)

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +