Re: Running pg_upgrade under Debian

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Running pg_upgrade under Debian
Дата
Re: Running pg_upgrade under Debian  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 07:06:37PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> ISTM there's a documentation bug here: in the code, the "dump" method
> checks for tablespaces and raises an error if they are found, but the
> "upgrade" method does not check.  I think the documentation should state
> that only the dump method does not support tablespaces.

OK, it would be nice if someone could report that to upstream Debian.  I
am a little confused why pg_dump/pg_restore can't use tablespaces
though.  Years ago we used to not use PG-major-version-specific
subdirectories in tablespaces, but we added that for pg_upgrade, and I
am sure they would work fine for pg_dump too.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Сообщение: Re: Running pg_upgrade under Debian
Сообщение: Re: Running pg_upgrade under Debian