Re: reparsing query

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: reparsing query
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> It is not difficult to output parsed query in some tool readable
> format but it comes with a maintain overhead: once tools rely on it,
> we have to conform to some schema continuously, like the xml/xmlns. Do
> we want to take this? Depends on how far the tools can go with this
> exposed information.

I think part of the problems could be resolved by using adequate API
to the parse tree. For example, pgpool-II imports PostgreSQL's raw
parser to do a query rewriting. The parse tree format could be changed
release by release but essential API for it (for example tree_walker)
is very stable. As a result, the workforce for rewriting rarely needs
to be modified.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii