Re: Make more portable TAP tests of initdb

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Make more portable TAP tests of initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 09:25:33AM -0700, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Apr 14, 2015, at 9:05 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> >> http://perldoc.perl.org/File/Path.html
> >> With this formulation:
> >> remove_tree($tempdir, {keep_root => 1});
> >
> > Does Perl 5.8 have this?
>
> Yes, it does.
>
>   http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/NWCLARK/perl-5.8.9/lib/File/Path.pm

One way to avoid a lot of these questions would be to use
Test::MinimumVersion or similar in a git hook.  If we're promising
5.8.mumble, we should be able to keep that promise always rather than
search case by case, at least up to bugs in the version-checking
software.

http://search.cpan.org/~rjbs/Test-MinimumVersion-0.101081/lib/Test/MinimumVersion.pm

What say?

Cheers,