Re: Hot standby problems: consistent state not reached, no connection to master server.

От Ilya Ashchepkov
Тема Re: Hot standby problems: consistent state not reached, no connection to master server.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 12:24:11 -0700
Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

> On 04/13/2015 11:25 AM, Ilya Ashchepkov wrote:
> > On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 10:06:05 -0700
> > Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

> >> Yes:
> >>
> >> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/warm-standby.html#STREAMING-REPLICATION
> >>
> >> I wonder if your master is recycling WALs fast enough that the
> >> streaming can't find them and the standby has to go to the archive
> >> instead.
> >>
> >> What is your wal_keep_segments on the master set to?:
> > # select name,setting from pg_settings where name like
> > 'wal_keep_segments'; name        | setting
> > -------------------+---------
> >   wal_keep_segments | 128
> >

> > I run tcpdump -ni eth0 port 5432 on slave and didn't see any packet
> > from slave to master after restart.
>
> Just to be clear:
>
> 1) When you comment out the restore_command the standby connects to
> the master, correct?

Yes.

> 2) When you uncomment restore_command you do not see a standby
> connection, correct?

Yes.

> So:
>
> 1) When you are changing the restore_command status do you restart
> the standby server?

Yes.

> 2) What does  select * from pg_stat_replication show, in either case?
>
> www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/monitoring-stats.html#PG-STAT-REPLICATION-VIEW

0 rows on master
0 rows on slave

> 3) I may have missed it, but what is your archive_command on the
> master?

# select name,setting from pg_settings where name like 'archive_command';
      name       |                                  setting
 archive_command | test ! -f /media/psqlbak/wals/main/%f && cp %p /media/psqlbak/wals/main/%f