Re: FPW compression leaks information

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: FPW compression leaks information
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Heikki Linnakangas (hlinnaka@iki.fi) wrote:
> On 04/10/2015 05:17 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> >On Apr 9, 2015, at 8:51 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> >>What should we do about this?
> >
> >I bet that there are at least 1000 covert channel attacks that are more practically exploitable than this.
>
> Care to name some? This is certainly quite cumbersome to exploit,
> but it's doable.

I don't see any good reason to expose this information to every user on
the system, regardless of how easy (or not easy) it is to exploit.

There's a bunch of information which we want monitoring systems to be
able to gather but which shouldn't be generally available and this is
just another example of that.
Thanks,
    Stephen