Re: Doubt about AccessExclusiveLock in ALTER TABLE .. SET ( .. );

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Doubt about AccessExclusiveLock in ALTER TABLE .. SET ( .. );
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fabrízio de Royes Mello wrote:

> Ok guys. The attached patch refactor the reloptions adding a new field
> "lockmode" in "relopt_gen" struct and a new method to determine the
> required lock level from an option list.
>
> We need determine the appropriate lock level for each reloption:

I don't think AccessShareLock is appropriate for any option change.  You
should be using a lock level that's self-conflicting, as a minimum
requirement, to avoid two processes changing the value concurrently.  (I
would probably go as far as ensuring that the lock level specified in
the table DoLockModesConflict() with itself in an Assert somewhere.)