Re: pgsql: psql: fix \connect with URIs and conninfo strings

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pgsql: psql: fix \connect with URIs and conninfo strings
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > Uh, I didn't see a huge amount of discussion, but I guess it is
> > sufficient:
> >
> >    http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20150109191551.GA32660@fetter.org#20150109191551.GA32660@fetter.org
>
> There are at least a dozen messages on that thread that are entirely
> dedicated to whether this should be back-patched.  How much discussion
> did you want?

Yeah, this patch did get more discussion than many other patches do.
Sometimes you just have to go against what looks like apathy, and move
forward.  That's what commitfests are supposed to be good for, after
all: personally, I care not one bit about this functionality, but
somebody went huge lengths to get it to work, which must mean that there
definitely is value in it.

> Now, mind you, my view did not prevail, so I can't be completely happy
> with the outcome, but I was in the minority.  At least the version
> that broke essentially the entire build-farm only went into master, so
> that's something.

Yeah, I realized that backpatching the refactoring was the wrong
approach, though I didn't notice the breakage in master until it was
much too late.  I pushed the 9.4 version to master now.  Apologies for
not fixing it sooner -- had a funeral to attend, a drive 5 hours away.