Re: vac truncation scan problems

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: vac truncation scan problems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
By the way, what shoud we do about this?
- Waiting for someone's picking up this.
- Making another thread to attract notice
- Otherwise..

At Wed, 1 Apr 2015 10:49:55 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote in
<CAB7nPqTMBd6=5i3ZOg9t6A0km4VZ=wNt4_rwOzPVm683-aQ=Qw@mail.gmail.com>
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 2:18 AM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 1:28 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <
> > horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi, this is a bug in the commit 0d831389749a3baaced7b984205b9894a82444b9 .
> >>
> >> It allows vucuum freeze to be skipped and inversely lets regular
> >> vacuum wait for lock. The attched patch fixes it.
> >>

> >> In table_recheck_autovac, vacuum options are determined as following,
> >>
> >>  >      tab->at_vacoptions = VACOPT_SKIPTOAST |
> >>  >              (dovacuum ? VACOPT_VACUUM : 0) |
> >>  >              (doanalyze ? VACOPT_ANALYZE : 0) |
> >> !>              (wraparound ? VACOPT_NOWAIT : 0);
> >>
> >> The line prefixed by '!' looks inverted.
> >>

> > Thanks, it is obvious once you see it!
> >

> Nice catch, Horiguchi-san.

Thank you:)

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Vladimir Borodin
Сообщение: Re: Vacuuming big btree indexes without pages with deleted items