Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Centralize definition of integer limits.

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Centralize definition of integer limits.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2015-03-30 21:50:09 +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
> I'm too fried from the redeye back from pgconf nyc to do anything
> complicated, but it seems quite possible to define int64/uint64 based
> the stdint.h types if available. And generally a good idea too. I guess
> I'll try that tomorrow; unless Andrew beats me to it.

It's possible to do that, but it's not as trivial as I'd hoped. For one
we'd need to include stdint.h in some places we don't today
(postgres_ext.h), for another we'd need some uglyness to determine the
correct printf modifier for int64_t (can't use PRId64 etc afaics).

I'm tempted to just prefix our limits with PG_ and define them
unconditionally, including appropriate casts to our types.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services