Change of pg_ctl's default shutdown method

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Change of pg_ctl's default shutdown method
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
We originally chose "smart" as the default pg_ctl shutdown method
because it was the least disruptive, but experience has shown that it is
too polite, so the current default is inconvenient.

We have discussed changing the default shutdown mode to "fast", and 9.5
might be the release where we do that.  The attached patch accomplishes
this.

I have not re-ordered the shutdown method options because I am trying to
keep the list logical, from least to most severe, so "smart" is still
listed first.  It is odd that the default is the middle option, but I
don't see any other idea on improving that.  How do we handle other
cases where the default is in the middle of a range of values?

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Вложения