Re: Performance improvement for joins where outer side is unique

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Performance improvement for joins where outer side is unique
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

> Hello, The attached is non-search version of unique join.

This is a quite bucket-brigade soye makes many functions got
changes to have new parameter only to convey the new bool
information. I know it's very bad.

After some consideration, I removed almost all of such parameters
from path creation function and confine the main work within
add_paths_to_joinrel. After all the patch shrinked and looks
better. Addition to that, somehow, some additional regtests found
to be inner-unique.

I think this satisfies your wish and implemented in non
exhaustive-seearch-in-jointree manner. It still don't have
regressions for itself but I don't see siginificance in adding
it so much...

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi