Re: pg9.4 relpages of child tables

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: pg9.4 relpages of child tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 12:11:22PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
> > I believe there's been a behavior change, and not sure if it's deliberate.  I
> > don't think there's a negative consequence for our production use, but it
> > confused me while summing relpages for analysis purposes, as our 9.4 customers
> > behaved differently.
>
> I suspect that you're getting confused because autovacuum kicked in on the

It seems you're right.  I was additionally confused because the autovacuum had
processed the most recent tables (triggered by insertion; partitioned by date),
but had not processed some of last month's tables (which I was querying for
relpages, since it's a complete month), since this DB was upgraded to pg9.4
last month.

Thanks,
Justin