Re: Add LINE: hint when schemaname.typename is a non-existent schema

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Add LINE: hint when schemaname.typename is a non-existent schema
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeevan Chalke wrote:
> Álvaro,
>
> I think, there are few open questions here and thus marking it back to "Waiting on Author".
>
> Please have your views on the review comments already posted.

For some reason I missed your previous email.

> Also make changes as Tom suggested about placing pstate at the beginning.

Sure.

> 1.
> postgres=# create or replace function
> f1(a abc.test.id%type) returns int as
> $$ select 1; $$
> language sql;
> ERROR:  schema "abc" does not exist
>
> Is that expected?

Type resolution for function arguments happens at execution time,
in interpret_function_parameter_list() as called by CreateFunction().
We don't have a pstate at that point which is why location is not
reported.  Fixing that seems like a whole new project.

> 2.
> Also what about pushing setup_parser_errposition_callback() inside func_get_detail() as well, just to limit it for
namespacelookup?

Hm, that sounds more reasonable.  Actually it means we have to drill
all the way down to FuncnameGetCandidates.