Re: Great Software Opportunities: VP, Front End Developer, etc. (Ruby, Python)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Great Software Opportunities: VP, Front End Developer, etc. (Ruby, Python)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Can you please resend this to pgsql-jobs@postgresql.org?  We don't
normally publish job opportunities in pgsql-general, but we'll be happy
to have this in pgsql-jobs.  Thanks.

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 08:55:41PM -0700, Nicholas Meyler wrote:
> My repeat client is continuing to grow and expand, seeking more highly-talented software engineers with Ruby on Rails
expertise.Relocation assistance will be offered for the right candidates.  If you have a strong background in Computer
Science,and experience in coding in Python, you may still be considered.

> They're a fun and exciting Internet-based provider of Big Data spatial analytics looking for a dynamic (#1) VP of
Engineeringto help us meet an ever-increasing demand for our products and services. This is an exceptional opportunity
fora Director of Engineering or above in a mid-sized or larger firm who aspires to become the VP of Engineering - to
buildtheir own team and lead the technology development of a growing, profitable, venture-backed company.

> What You’ll Be Doing:
>
> Grow our team – you will be directly responsible for recruiting, recruiting, recruiting
> Inspire, lead, and manage our Ruby on Rails development team working in an Agile, TDD environment
> Coordinate, prioritize, delegate and track delivery of on-time, on-budget tasks & projects working with our
developers,graphic designers, SEM, geographers and statisticians.
> Develop and refine software and other processes to foster efficient product development, deployment and maintenance
ofuptime requirements
> Collaborate with our geographers and statisticians to create new, disruptive products
> Lead the technical development of real estate and map-based information products
> Architect solutions to challenging problems working with massive datasets that include crime statistics, schools,
lifestyles,neighborhoods, GIS and more
> Keep existing products up-to-date with the latest technologies, architectures, and standards
> Desired Skills & Experience:
>
> 5+ years of engineering management experience
> Proven effective team management skills, managing both up and down
> References from team members whom you’ve inspired and motivated to great success in the past
> Self-directed time management, documentation and communication skills
> Experience working in a small company or start up environment
> Passion for your craft
> An ideal candidate would also possess:
> A BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar; MS preferred
> 5+ years designing and implementing complex, data-heavy e-commerce systems
> Experience with all aspects/tiers of web and mobile web app development
> RoR app dev experience with merchant processing capabilities
> Familiarity with GIS-related software, incl. spatial databases such as PostGIS and the Google Maps Javascript APIs
> Unix skills including API/data mining experience
> Scaling and performance tuning of high-traffic, data-heavy sites
>

> In order to meet an ever-increasing public demand, we are also looking to hire a (#2) Front End Developer with
outstandingexperience. This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented and experienced self-starter to join a small
teamand interface between designers and Ruby on Rails engineers in a small and growing, profitable, venture-backed
company.

> What You’ll Be Doing:
>
> •Solving challenging problems working with massive datasets that include crime statistics, schools, lifestyles,
neighborhoodsand more
> •Transforming design mockups into functional Web applications using HTML5 and CSS3
> •Collaborating with backend developers to develop complex, data-heavy user interfaces
> •Implementing responsive design methods to build UIs that function across a variety of devices
> •Working in an Agile, TDD environment writing code you can be proud of
> •Collaborating with PhD Geographers and Statisticians to create new, disruptive products
>
> Desired Skills & Experience:
>
> •A BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other relevant field
> •Solid experience with HTML5/CSS3, and JavaScript, preferably with LESS or Sass experience
> •Experience with a front end framework such as Foundation or Bootstrap
> •Experience with a JavaScript framework such as Angular or Backbone
> •Familiarity with a server-side dynamic language, preferably Ruby
> •5+ years designing and implementing complex, consumer- and business-facing Web-based user interfaces in data-heavy
e-commercesystems
> •Self-directed time management, documentation and communication skills
> •A passion for your craft
>

> (#3) Senior Rails Engineer
>
> What You’ll Be Doing:
> Serving as the Sr. engineer in the technical development of real estate and map-based information products
> Solving challenging problems working with massive datasets that include crime statistics, schools, lifestyles,
neighborhoodsand more
> Working in an Agile, TDD environment writing code you can be proud of
> Keeping existing products up-to-date with the latest technologies, architectures, and standards
> Working alongside a nimble engineering team, being team oriented
> Collaborating with PhD Geographers and Statisticians to create new, disruptive products
> Desired Skills & Experience:
>
> A BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar; MS preferred
> 5+ years designing and implementing complex, data-heavy e-commerce systems
> Self-directed time management, documentation and communication skills
> Proven Effective ability to work with others
> To be passionate about your craft
> Extensive RoR app dev experience with merchant processing capabilities
> An ideal candidate would also possess:
>
> Familiarity with GIS-related software, incl. spatial databases such as PostGIS and the Google Maps Javascript APIs;
Experiencewith all aspects/tiers of web and mobile web app development; Strong Unix skills including API/data mining
experience;Scaling and performance tuning of high-traffic, data-heavy sites

> What’s In it For You?
> •Major opportunity to have your front end work seen on sites that serve over 10M users per year
> •Casual fun working environment, working on some of the more complex user interface challenges, alongside a team
that’sas passionate as you are about this stuff!
> •Competitive salary and great benefits (401(k), medical coverage, 11 paid holidays)
> •Great work/life balance, with 40-45 hour work weeks the norm!
> •Long-term stability with a venture backed start up that is already profitable and growing
> •Investors include the founders of MapQuest and CoreLogic
>
> Our Environment
> •Rails 3, Ruby 1.9, HTML5/CSS3, JavaScript/JQuery
> •OpenStreetMap, Google Maps API, Engine Yard, Amazon AWS, PostgreSQL/PostGIS
> •We use all of your favorite tools: GitHub, Basecamp, Pivotal Tracker, HipChat, etc.
>
> Our Location
> •Yards away from commuter rail hub, highway, pubs, restaurants and coffee shops.
> •5 miles in any direction and you are in quaint New England towns with nationally-ranked schools, historic charm, and
greathousing options (and we would know, we’re the experts!).

> Company Description
> My client is a small, high-end geospatial analysis Company born of university research, specializing in
location-baseddecision-making tools: analytics, information and data. We license geospatial risk analytics and SaaS
productsfor a host of business to business applications, and run the largest neighborhood search engine in the world,
andare “the most trusted source for choosing a neighborhood,” according to Money® Magazine.

> IF you are interested in exploring these opportunities to work with some of the leading technology companies in the
world,please respond with a resume. Referrals, recommendations and suggestions are always welcome, as are 'random'
resumesubmissions for other possible opportunities not described above. Cover letters explaining which position most
interestsyou (and why) are very helpful.