Re: Can pg_dump make use of CURRENT/SESSION_USER

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Can pg_dump make use of CURRENT/SESSION_USER
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Are there any use-cases for pg_dump to use CURRENT/SESSION_USER in its
> output, so that restores will not be hard-coded to the dump user?  I
> didn't see any cases of that, but wanted to ask.

Good question.  I don't know, probably not.

If we ever implement something like

COMMENT ON CURRENT_DATABASE IS ...

it will be useful, because you will be able to restore a dump into
another database and have the comment apply to the target database.
(Also, I wonder about
ALTER USER foo IN DATABASE current_database ...
because that will let us dump per-database user options too.)