Re: recovery_target_action = pause & hot_standby = off

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: recovery_target_action = pause & hot_standby = off
Дата
Re: recovery_target_action = pause & hot_standby = off  (Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-03-16 07:52:20 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 15 March 2015 at 22:38, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I don't buy this. If I have "recovery_target_action = 'pause'" in
> > the config file, I want it to pause.
>
> You want it to enter a state where you cannot perform any action other
> than shutdown?
>
> Why would anyone want that?

You actually still could promote. But I'd be perfectly happy if postgres
said
ERROR: recovery_target_action = 'pause' in "%s" cannot be used without hot_standby
DETAIL: Recovery pauses cannot be resumed without SQL level access.
HINT: Configure hot_standby and try again.

or something roughly like that. If postgres tells me what to change to
achieve what I want, I have a much higher chance of getting
there. Especially if it just does something else otherwise.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services