Re: OOM-killer issue when updating a inheritance table which has large number of child tables

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: OOM-killer issue when updating a inheritance table which has large number of child tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> chenhj <chjischj@163.com> writes:
> > In my test(PG9.3.4), i found when update a parent table which has a large number of child tables, the execute plan
willconsume lots of memory. And possibly cause OOM.

> See
> file:///net/sss1/home/postgres/pgsql/doc/src/sgml/html/ddl-partitioning.html#DDL-PARTITIONING-CAVEATS
>
> particularly the last paragraph.

Or perhaps, if you're on the Internet, this instead:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/ddl-partitioning.html#DDL-PARTITIONING-CAVEATS

:)

Thanks,
Stephen