Re: Rethinking the parameter access hooks for plpgsql's benefit

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Rethinking the parameter access hooks for plpgsql's benefit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Andres Freund (andres@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> > JD sees the situation correctly: this is $dayjob work, and it's going
> > to get done now not in four months because I have a deadline to meet.
> > I would like to push it into the community sources to reduce divergence
> > between our copy and Salesforce's, but if I'm told it has to wait till
> > 9.6, I may or may not remember to try to do something then.
>
> I think most of the committers are pretty much in that situation?

Indeed..  And, further, the commitfest wasn't intended to prevent
committers from working on things, at least as I understood it.  Core
sets a feature freeze date which is quite a different thing.

Considering feature freeze is generally after the last commitfest it
also seems counter-intuitive that committers are expected to have
finished all of their work for the next release prior to the start of
the last commitfest.

> > I will admit that I'm been slacking on commitfest work.  This is not
> > unrelated to the fact that we've been in commitfest mode continuously
> > since last August.  I'm afraid whatever enthusiasm I had for reviewing
> > other peoples' patches burned out some time ago.
>
> I can certainly relate to that :(.

+1.
Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: Rethinking the parameter access hooks for plpgsql's benefit
Сообщение: Re: Rethinking the parameter access hooks for plpgsql's benefit