Re: Comparing primary/HS standby in tests

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Comparing primary/HS standby in tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-03-04 08:41:23 -0800, Jeff Janes wrote:
> Couldn't we just arbitrarily exclude sequence internal states from the
> comparison?

Not sure what you mean? You mean just not dump them? I guess we could by
editing the contents of a custom format dump? A bit annoying to have a
script doing that...

> How many similar issues have you seen?

That's usually the only difference.

> In the case where you have a promoted replica and put the same through
> workflow through both it and the master, I've seen "pg_dump -s" dump
> objects in different orders, for no apparent reason.  That is kind of
> annoying, but I never traced it back to the cause (nor have I excluded
> PEBCAK as the real cause).

I'm not surprised. Independent runs - which you seem to be describing -
are quite dependent on on-disk order, and effects of concurrency. Oids
get assigned in different orders and such.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services