Re: Bootstrap DATA is a pita

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Bootstrap DATA is a pita
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-03-04 09:55:01 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 9:42 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I wonder if we should have a tool in our repository to help people
> edit the file.  So instead of going in there yourself and changing
> things by hand, or writing your own script, you can do:
>
> updatepgproc.pl --oid 5678 provolatile=v
>
> or
>
> updatepgpproc.pl --name='.*xact.*' prowhatever=someval
>
> Regardless of what format we end up with, that seems like it would
> make things easier.

The stuff I've started to work on basically allows to load the stuff
that Catalog.pm provides (in an extended format), edit it in memory, and
then serialize it again. So such a thing could relatively easily be
added if somebody wants to do so.  I sure hope though that the need for
it will become drastically lower with the new format.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services