Re: Policy for expiring lists WAS: Idea for a secondary list server

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Policy for expiring lists WAS: Idea for a secondary list server
Дата
Список pgsql-www
* Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> Your comments on the usefulness of the SFPUG list are pretty surprising.
> If SFPUG works well without a list, why do other PUGs need one?
> Maybe mailing lists for PUGs are a thing of the past -- perhaps we need
> to be thinking on getting the @postgres twitter account to re-tweet
> announcements posted by PUGs, or something like that, more suited to
> today's usage of comm channels rather than 1990's.

I like this idea a lot.  DCPUG, for example, does pretty well without
using its mailing list and I don't think using it more would help
things (it didn't seem to when we used to)- getting retweeted would be
really nice though.  Having the listing on postgresql.org is kind of
nice but that does run the issue of keeping *that* current and listing
the active PUGs.

Having a listing sorted by date which lists the last meetings would be a
lot more useful.  This might be getting a bit far afield, but is there a
way we could get meetup integrated into planet?  Or having something
else planet-like which provides that integration?  Basically, where a
PUG meetup organizer would be able to just configure something-or-other
and then when they post new meetups it'd end up on planet or
'pug.postgresql.org' or something.  If G+ has something similar, we
could integrate with that also possibly.
Thanks!
    Stephen

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Policy for expiring lists WAS: Idea for a secondary list server
Сообщение: Re: Policy for expiring lists WAS: Idea for a secondary list server