Re: Help with tokenization of age-ranges in full text search

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Help with tokenization of age-ranges in full text search
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mason Hale wrote:
> Hello, I've got a 9.3 database hosted at Heroku.
>
> I'm full text search to search for "group names" in part of my application,
> and some of my group names are the names of youth sports age groups like
> "Boys 9-10" or "Girls 11-12".
>
> I would like for a search for the terms "Boys", "Boys 9-10",  "9", "10" or
> "9-10" to match "Boys 9-10".

Hm, so if there's a sport for Boys 8-10, what will you do when it
doesn't match a query for "9"?  Does this matter?  I mean, maybe
tokenization is not the most appropriate thing to do in this case.

> So my question is -- can I get the tokenization that I want out of a
> configuration of the stock available token types?

The tokenizer stuff is not the most configurable part of the FTS stuff,
sadly.