Re: #Personal#: Reg: Multiple queries in a transaction

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: #Personal#: Reg: Multiple queries in a transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 11:11:59AM +0530, Medhavi Mahansaria wrote:

> But savepoint concept will not work for me as desired.

I don't see why not.

> Case 1: When Q2 fails (we delete the error), i want to continue to Q3 and commit changes done by Q1 and Q3 once Q3
hasexecuted successfully.

So,

Q1;
SAVEPOINT foo;
Q2;
if error then
    ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT FOO;
    Q3;
    COMMIT or ROLLBACK;
else
COMMIT;

> Case 2: When Q2 fails, I want it to throw an error. and rollback the changes made by Q1 and not proceed to Q3 at all.

Q1;
SAVEPOINT foo;
Q2;
if error then
    ROLLBACK;

These both work.  The problem is, I think, that you have different
rules for "when Q2 fails", and without knowing your exact
circumstances I suspect we can't say much more.  Indeed, however, it
sounds to me like you think these are in the same workflow, but
they're not.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca

Сообщение: Re: #Personal#: Reg: Multiple queries in a transaction
Сообщение: Re: #Personal#: Reg: Multiple queries in a transaction