Re: server exiting abnormally after an OS upgrade

От Hugo Osvaldo Barrera
Тема Re: server exiting abnormally after an OS upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2015-02-13 15:29, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 02/13/2015 12:42 AM, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera wrote:
> >Here's the error which repeats ad infinitum:
> >
> >     LOG:  database system was shut down at 2015-02-12 14:41:29 GMT
> >     LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
> >     LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
> >     LOG:  server process (PID 21205) was terminated by signal 6: Abort =
trap
> >     LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
> >     WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server=
 process
> >     DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll b=
ack the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited=
 abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
> >     HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database =
and repeat your command.
>=20
> Can you get a core dump and a stack trace from it?
>=20
> - Heikki
>=20
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Sent via pgsql-bugs mailing list (pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org)
> To make changes to your subscription:

I'm slightly unsure how to do this - the docs give some references on how to
select a single process and attempt to attach gdb to it, but they seem to be
too short lived for me to do anything (<1s between errors), so I can't real=
ly
work with that.

Do you have any suggestions for this?

I'll try to enable core dumps in the meantime and get back to you on this,
thank,

--=20
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera