Re: What's a reasonable maximum number for table partitions?

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: What's a reasonable maximum number for table partitions?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 16:29:02 +0000
Seref Arikan <serefarikan@kurumsalteknoloji.com> wrote:

> Hi Bill,
> Could you point at some resource(s) that discuss inserting directly into
> the partition?

Not off the top of my head, I would have to google just like
you would.

> Would it be possible to read directly from the partition as
> well?

Certainly. Whatever process you use to determine the name of the
partition in the partition config will work anywhere else. For example,
if the partition config is picking a table partition based on % 256
(which is what we were doing, based on an integer entity ID) you can
do that same math in whatever programming language the application is
written in (in our case it was PHP).