postgresql-server exiting abnormally after an OS upgrade

От Hugo Osvaldo Barrera
Тема postgresql-server exiting abnormally after an OS upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

I've been running postgresql-server for some time on an OpenBSD box, and the
latest OS upgrade (which also upgraded from 9.3 to 9.4) seems to have broke=
n it
in some way. I tried downgrading back to 9.3.6, but the issue persists, so =
it
looks like something else is broken, and not postgresql per se.

Of course, I did the proper upgrade procedure, pg_dumpall, move everything =
out
of the way, and reinit the db.

I also tried *not* reimporting the db on my last wipeout, and keeping the
completely empty database. It crashed too upon connection attempts (which f=
ail
to authenticate because I haven't even created the users), so I guess the d=
ata
is no problem. The database is pretty small, and very few concurrent users =
(the
*whole* backup is ~400kB).

Here's the error which repeats ad infinitum:

    LOG:  database system was shut down at 2015-02-12 14:41:29 GMT
    LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
    LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
    LOG:  server process (PID 21205) was terminated by signal 6: Abort trap
    LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
    WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server pro=
cess
    DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back =
the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abn=
ormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
    HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and =
repeat your command.
    LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing
    LOG:  database system was interrupted; last known up at 2015-02-12 14:4=
2:04 GMT
    LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in=
 progress
    LOG:  record with zero length at 0/1690A90
    LOG:  redo is not required
    LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
    LOG:  autovacuum launcher started

I've searchd all over, and found little or nothing of help. Nothing seemed =
change the situation.

I believe that these settings *are* relevant, so:

    kern.seminfo.semmni=3D256
    kern.seminfo.semmns=3D512
    kern.seminfo.semmnu=3D256
    kern.seminfo.semmap=3D256

    kern.shminfo.shmmax=3D134217728
    kern.shminfo.shmseg=3D256

I also tried setting shared_buffers =3D 16MB, which, while small, discards
several potential configuration issues.

Note that before upgrading to the latest OS version, pg worked fine. Also
relevant, other users of the same release have confirmed not having this is=
sue
and pg working fine for them.

Any pointer?

Thanks,