Re: BUG #12752: Regression in ALTER TABLE RENAME COLUMN

От Gianni Ciolli
Тема Re: BUG #12752: Regression in ALTER TABLE RENAME COLUMN
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Feb 09, 2015 at 12:49:38PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> We gave up trying to make index column names match the underlying table in
> 9.0; so no currently supported PG release does what you wish, and it's
> unlikely that any future one will either.  (This is called out as an
> incompatibility in the 9.0 release notes, FWIW.)

Ah, that makes sense. I had looked up "pg_attribute" in the
documentation, but didn't find anything...

Sorry for the noise.

> > Context information: the bug breaks Londiste, which uses
> > pg_attribute.attname to match columns on the primary key index with the
> > corrisponding columns on the table.
> > I found the bug after a customer reported Londiste issues on a table whose
> > primary key had been renamed.
>
> Sorry, but that's a Londiste bug not a Postgres bug.

Of course; I reported it as context information, meaning that no
motivation is implied.

Best wishes,
Dr. Gianni Ciolli - 2ndQuadrant Italia
gianni.ciolli@2ndquadrant.it | www.2ndquadrant.it