Re: BUG #12746: Backward compatibility is broken 9.2: pg_stat_activity.procpid renamed to pid

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: BUG #12746: Backward compatibility is broken 9.2: pg_stat_activity.procpid renamed to pid
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2015-02-08 23:46:43 +0100, Marko Tiikkaja wrote:
> On 2015-02-08 23:43, nad2000@gmail.com wrote:
> >I run an app that should support both 9.0 and 9.4. I found that at 9.2 the
> >pg_stat_activity column porcpid was renamed to pid. It broke the app. To
> >solve it I had to introduce conditional querying for different versions.
> >I don't think it's right time to do any aesthetically motivated changes at
> >this stage.

What do you mean with "at this stage"? 9.2 was a new major release, and
we don't guarantee compatibilities between major releases.

> 9.2 was released over two years ago.  I think it was a mistake to rename it,
> but it's a bit too late object.  Renaming it back to "procpid" wouldn't help
> anyone.

I agree that it wasn't a good idea and that it's too late to change it
now.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: BUG #12746: Backward compatibility is broken 9.2: pg_stat_activity.procpid renamed to pid
Сообщение: Re: BUG #12746: Backward compatibility is broken 9.2: pg_stat_activity.procpid renamed to pid