Re: Proposal: knowing detail of config files via SQL

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Proposal: knowing detail of config files via SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 12:50:20AM +0900, Sawada Masahiko wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 12:24 AM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:

> >> Attached patch adds new view pg_file_settings (WIP version).
> >> This view behaves like followings,
> >> [postgres][5432](1)=# select * from pg_file_settings ;
> >>             name            |      setting       |
> >>   sourcefile
> >> ----------------------------+--------------------+--------------------------------------------------------
> >>  max_connections            | 100                |
> >> /home/masahiko/pgsql/master/3data/postgresql.conf
> >>  shared_buffers             | 128MB              |
> >> /home/masahiko/pgsql/master/3data/postgresql.conf
> >
> > This looks great!
> >
> > Is there a reason not to have the sourcefile as a column in
> > pg_settings?
> >

> pg_file_settings view also has source file column same as pg_settings.
> It might was hard to confirm that column in previous mail.
> I put example of pg_file_settings again as follows.
>
> [postgres][5432](1)=# select * from pg_file_settings where name = 'work_mem';
> -[ RECORD 1 ]------------------------------------------------------
> name       | work_mem
> setting    | 128MB
> sourcefile | /home/masahiko/pgsql/master/3data/hoge.conf
> -[ RECORD 2 ]------------------------------------------------------
> name       | work_mem
> setting    | 64MB
> sourcefile | /home/masahiko/pgsql/master/3data/postgresql.auto.conf

Masuhiko-san,

I apologize for not communicating clearly.  My alternative proposal is
to add a NULL-able sourcefile column to pg_settings.  This is as an
alternative to creating a new pg_file_settings view.

Why might the contents of pg_settings be different from what would be
in pg_file_settings, apart from the existence of this column?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!