Re: Suppressing elog.c context messages (was Re: Wait free LW_SHARED acquisition)

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Suppressing elog.c context messages (was Re: Wait free LW_SHARED acquisition)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-01-26 18:30:13 -0600, Jim Nasby wrote:

> >I'm proposing to do model it after errhidestatement(). I.e. add
> >errhidecontext().
> >
> >I've attached what I was tinkering with when I wrote this message.

> >Right, that was what triggered to look me into it. I'd cases where the
> >same context was printed thousands of times.
>
> In case anyone picks this up... this problem exists in other places too, such as RAISE DEBUG in plpgsql. I think it'd
beuseful to have clien_min_context and log_min_context that operate akin to *_min_messages but control context output.

I've pushed it already IIRC. I don't think we can just apply it without
regard for possible users to that many cases - I think the RAISE DEBUG
case is better addressed by a plpgsql option to *optionall* suppress
context, than do it unconditionally. That's discussed somewhere nearby.

Services

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: Suppressing elog.c context messages (was Re: Wait free LW_SHARED acquisition)
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Misaligned BufferDescriptors causing major performance problems on AMD